mawgan porth header

Parish Council

The existence of the Parish Council ensures that the Parish's views, requirements and opinions are represented to Cornwall Council and in turn to central Government and statutory authorities. The Parish Council is consulted on all Planning Applications concerning the parish and forwards its opinions/recommendations. This, in principle, ensures that local knowledge is available when Cornwall Council, Planning Department make their decisions, independently of the Parish.

The Parish council website is at Parish Council Website where the record of minutes & official records can be found. 

The council meets (usually) once a month on the second Wednesday of each month alternating between Mawgan Porth Village Hall and St Mawgan Community Hall.  Only items on the agenda may be discusssed but if you would like an item to appear on the agenda please contact the Clerk at least one week prior to the meeting or contact a parish councillor at Parish Council Councillors .

THE COUNCIL WILL NOT CHASE YOU.  If you want your voice heard you have to be there - or at least make your views known to a parish councillor. IF YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT'S ON THE AGENDA you will have to look - posted usually 3 days before the meeting.

Members of the press and public are welcome to attend meetings of the Parish Council BUT ONLY AS AN OBSERVER - you cannot take part or pass comment during the meeting. There is a 10 minute section at the start of the meeting for the public to address members on any issue but only those on the agenda may be discussed.

If you would like to join a newsletter that brings you news from the Parish Council on an informal basis then please subscribe here

Our Mailing List

Subscribe Unsubscribe

You don't have to use the Parish Council to make your voice heard


Your county councillor is Mr. John Fitter

You can object to planning applications by emailing quoting the planning application number OR -
by writing to Planning and Regeneration, Cornwall Council, 39 Penwinnick Road, St Austell, PL25 5DR, Tel: 0300 1234 151 again quoting the planning application number

If you register on the Cornwall Council website at Register online you can then comment on planning applications at planning application  where you can search out an application and make comments on it

The dog bins need emptying?  Call Serco on 01726 223311 or email


Valid HTML 4.01 Transitional